- All anglers must be in possession of the necessary permits and must fish within the current Fisheries guidelines of the state the event is being held.
- Catch, photo & release. 2-day event.
- No pre-fish ban.
- Teams can have up to 3 members.
- Anglers must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during fishing times.
- All boats must be equipped with the required safety gear and motor lanyards
- All anglers must be wearing safety vests and driver lanyard attached while vessel is on the plane or travelling at speed.
- AYC reserves the right to cancel or postpone an event due to inclement weather conditions. If this is the case and that round can’t continue it will be re scheduled. Safety is our number 1 priority.
- Anglers may fish any line class.
- Lure and fly casting only is permitted. NO BAIT
- Trolling is permitted.
- Only one rod per angler is allowed to be used at any one time.
- Fishing is NOT permitted within any defined non-boating or non-fishing areas.
- Best (longest) 5 flathead per team over that time (All flathead to be recorded on brag mat)
- Catch photo and release event
- All teams will be issued with a catch sheet where all fish caught can be recorded but only your teams best 5 will count.
- Yes, kayaks are most welcome but must fish as individual teams.
- All teams must measure their fish using official AYC brag mat which will be handed out prior to the start.
- Briefing to be held the morning of the event half hour prior to the start at start location.
S1 Saturday 8am – 4.30pm
S2 Sunday 8am – 1pm
Presentations will generally be around 2pm on Sunday.
Session times may vary but anglers will be notified well in advance
- Winning team. – Will receive the Mick Molner Flatty Trophy & each team member will receive a Blade N Tails Rod reel combo & Zerek Lure Pack
- Biggest overall flathead – $ 1000.00
- Biggest flathead (Junior) – Blade N Tails Rod Reel Combo
- Biggest rogue species (Different at each location) – Lure Pack
- $ 2000.00 Lucky Draw Prize (Fishing Tackle) Everyone who has entered will go into the draw for this one.
- All juniors that compete (Under 16) will receive a Flathead lure pack prior to the event.