GARMIN Freshwater Series 2022 Rules and Regulations
Updated 30-Nov-2021 @ 1.40pm
- Anglers must fish within the current Freshwater Fisheries guidelines of the state in which the event is being held and must be in possession of the necessary permits or licenses.
- Catch and release. 2-day events.
- No pre-fish ban.
- Teams can have up to 3 members.
- Anglers must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during fishing times.
- All boats must be equipped with the required safety gear and motor lanyards
- All anglers must be wearing safety vests and driver lanyard attached while the vessel is on the plane or travelling at speed. Failure to do so will mean disqualification for that session. Vests are not required to be worn while fishing unless in Alpine lakes and your vessel is under 4.8m
- AYC reserves the right to cancel or postpone an event due to inclement weather conditions. If this is the case and that round can’t continue it will be re-scheduled. Safety is our number 1 priority.
- Anglers may fish any line class.
- Lure and fly casting only is permitted.
- Trolling is NOT permitted.
- Only one rod per angler is allowed to be used at any one time.
- Fishing is NOT permitted within any defined non-boating or non-fishing areas.
- Fish must be caught during the designated times and kept alive in a functioning live-well or cooler with an aerator attached. Important to keep changing that water.
- No more than 4 Golden Perch are allowed to be kept at any one time in live-well. Chase up a marshal so fish can be measured and released.
- All fish are to be measured by an AYC staff member and will be recorded on the supplied catch sheets. Catch sheets will be handed out at the briefing prior to the start.
- 8 longest Golden Perch will determine a team’s result over the weekend.
- Golden Perch will be measured from nose to tip.
- All teams must be back by designated session finish times. Session times will be notified at the briefing.
- Penalties for teams that are back late – Each minute a team is late there will be a 100mm deduction.
- Any complaints regarding a breach of the rules must be addressed to the on-site Tournament Director during the event. Penalties for rule and conduct violations may include the following:
- Disqualification of catch for the session.
- Disqualification from the tournament
- Disqualification from future AYC events.
- Any concerns regarding clarification of rules can be discussed with AYC officials BEFORE the start of the tournament
- The Tournament Director’s decision is final regarding all rule decisions.
- Cash prizes for top 3 teams at each event
- Prize packs 4th – 10th place
- Wilson Fishing – “Big Yella” prize
- Garmin Marine – $ 5000.00 Lucky Draw (Just for entering)
- Additional sponsor product giveaways.
Grand Final Qualification
Not everyone fishes these events to qualify for the Grand Final and are just happy to compete in 1 or 2 for fun.
But if you’re a competitive lad or lady here is what you need to know.
- 2022 Grand Final will consist of the top 20 team’s.
- $10,000 prize money up for grabs
- The qualification will be decided by your team’s overall point score for all 3 rounds.
After each event teams will be awarded a point score.
This is decided by a team’s overall placing for that event.
1st place = 100 points,
2nd = 99 points,
3rd = 98 points
and so on down the line.
There are 3 events in the series:
Terms and Conditions
I agree to the conditions and this acceptance may and will be pleaded as a bar to action in any forum, tribunal or court. I also agree to allow the organizers to use my name, images and results to promote the tournaments and their Sponsors.
In summary, I hereby agree to abide by the rules of the competition, be responsible for my own actions and contract not to take legal action against the organizers for any reason and to indemnify the organizers against such action. I agree to enter entirely at my own risk.
Acceptance of conditions and indemnification: (please note: this is a contract that limits your right to take legal action!) I, we being the person whose names and addresses appear on this form, have fully read and understand the conditions of entry.
I agree and do abide by these conditions and fully accept them as a part of my entry. I agree not to take or be a party to any action or allow any party to act through me or on my behalf, against the organizers of the event on any matter to the conduct of the related event or occurrences during the event. I agree to indemnify the organizers of the event against any cost, expenses, damages or awards made against them in relation to any action taken by my or on my behalf or in relation to any claim I may make.
If a team chooses to withdraw from an event, their registration fee will be held in CREDIT for a future event.